This Easter Holidays with school, PE and weekly sessions on hold it is easy to forget to stay active and keep yourself physically and mentally fit. So, here is a list of 5 things you can engage in to keep yourself active in and around the Surbiton area during your time-off:
- We Make Footballers Easter Girls Tournament – With teams being made on the day, come along to our big Easter event being held at St. Mary’s University TW1 4SX for lots of fun and enjoyable football. The tournament is being held on the 6th of April and you can email [email protected] for more details. WMF also have Easter camps running for the duration of the 2-week holiday so make sure to check out our website We Make Footballers to find out more!
- McDonald’s Fun Football Centres – Free training for 5–11-year-old girls and boys running in and around the Surbiton, Chessington and Kingston areas throughout the Easter holidays. The initiative welcomes everyone of all abilities and runs for 4 weeks across March and April. The programme is endorsed by those involved in the professional game such as Gareth Southgate, Alex Scott, Jamie Redknapp and Aaron Ramsdale so you can be sure of receiving football which is full of fun! Visit McDonald’s Fun Football Centres for more details!
- Local Leisure Centres – If you would love to get involved in a wide variety of sports or physical activity over the holidays then check out the leisure centres in the local area including Tolworth Recreation Centre, Chessington Sports Centre and the King’s Centre. These organisations are running activities and events for kids, youth and young adults throughout the Easter Holidays and promote a sense of belonging in the community!
- Play In The Park – With the weather slowly improving, there is nothing better than spending time outdoors in the fresh air at your local park. The health benefits of the outdoors include better mental health, improving sleep, happier mood and lower stress levels so head down to Alexandra Park, Claremont Gardens or Berrylands Nature Reserve to feel the benefits!
- Find WMF Online – If going out to public space is something you would rather keep to a minimum, there are an abundance of activities you can find online to keep you physically active from your own living room. From online dance classes, fitness sessions, boxercise or even WMF homework levels, you are bound to find something to get you moving. Use a quick search of Youtube or use this link to get started and keep yourself active over the Easter Holidays