Protecting your data on our website
Last updated: 3rd May 2018
By accepting our Website Terms, visiting wemakefootballers.com (“website”) registering to use our services via our website our booking software Parent Area (“booking software”), or signing up to our email newsletters (“newsletters”), you are accepting and consenting to us processing your personal data in accordance with our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may withdraw such consent at any time by letting us know at email@example.com.
The Website, and booking software is brought to you by We Make Footballers® Ltd. We Make Footballers® Ltd believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your data and privacy. This requires us to collect personal data from you. However, we want to put you in control of that personal data. We want you to be aware at all times where and how your personal data is being used. This is of paramount importance to us.
This policy will explain:
- What data we may collect about you
- How we collect your personal data
- What we do with your data
- Where we store your data
- How we keep your data secure
- Whether we share your data anywhere else
- The cookies we use and how you can reject these cookies
- Your rights in relation to your data
THE DATA WE MAY COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE
- If you contact us (by phone, email or through the Website) with an enquiry or in response to any communication from us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for three years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
- When you register to use our service or product, via the Website or Booking Software, in which case this may include your contact details, your child’s name, date of birth, and medical details, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details.
We may also collect data from documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOUR DEVICE
When you use the Website, Booking Software, Newsletters and interact with our Services, we may use technology such as that provided by Google Analytics and Active Campaign to collect information about your visit to our Website, Booking Software, and use of our Newsletters. In essence, these tools enable us to analyse how you and others interact with our Website, Booking Software, and Newsletters. The information we collect may include:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?);
- the number of sessions per browser on each device;
- the type of device (e.g. Apple) and operating system (e.g. iOS) you are using;
- if you opened our newsletters;
- user preferences;
- actions performed on our website; and
- which pages you visited.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes, and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfill these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us, or selected partners, from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services, and products we provide.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To provide you with marketing information about products and services, offered by the academy you receive our products or service from, We Make Footballers LTD, and selected partners, unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
- We, and other companies in our group, may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We, and they, may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
- If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
- If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you, please write to our Data Protection Manager at We Make Footballers® Ltd, Willoughby House, 439 Richmond Road, Twickenham, TW1 2AG.
You have the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for purposes other than those listed above.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
We may store your information, when required, physically and electronically.
- Your data may be stored physically in the forms of registers and mandate forms.
- We do not store your data physically without your knowledge.
- If we obtain your data physically, it will be destroyed after two weeks, or earlier at your request. We may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal data to you.
- Your personal data will be stored in our Booking Software and Active Campaign.
- We destroy any personal data we have of you, in our Booking Software and Active Campaign, 5 years after your final use of our product or service.
Some of our services and/or products require us to create an electronic spreadsheet with the personal data you provide through one of our third parties. This information is stored so we can gain a better understanding of you as the customer, and offer you a better user experience when using our service and/or product. We may keep the spreadsheet for two months after you have used our service and/or product. Your information can be deleted at your request.
WHERE WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- We employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and we may disclose your Personal Data to these parties to carry out our purposes stated in the What We Do With Your Data section, or, for example, for fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. Those parties are bound by strict contractual provisions with us and only have access to Personal data needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
- From time to time, the information that we collect from you may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but we have ensured that there is an adequate level of protection for such information.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Your Personal Data is disclosed to our employees, on “a need to know” basis and we confirm that all such persons understand the importance of client confidentiality and privacy.
Your Personal Data may be used to contact you, to perform the fulfillment or payment of any bookings made by you via our Booking Software.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we work with. We may work with third parties not listed below or stop working with the third parties listed below.
|Name||Why we work with them|
|Google Analytics||To monitor Website performance and user experience.|
|Google Apps||To process emails, create spreadsheets and word documents|
|Active Campaign||To monitor your sales journey with us and to provide you with our Newsletters and improve the user experience.
|Eventbrite||To manage bookings for our services and/or products|
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties, apart from the parties listed in the table above. We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
COOKIES AND PIXELS
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other devices, to recognise your browser and record how you have used a website. Pixels are small blocks of code on web pages or emails that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a web page or email and are often used in connection with cookies.
Please refer to your device’s help material to learn what controls you can use to remove or block cookies. Your device may have third-party add-ons that can add, disable or delete cookies. We are not responsible for these third-party add-ons, or the cookies they may place in your browser.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
We are not responsible for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
It is important to us that you are able to control your personal information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, with the exception of customer communication such as welcome emails, service and/or product feedback, registration reminders, booking confirmation and the like. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to the above postal address. There may be a nominal charge of £10 to cover administrative costs.
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the postal address above, to update your Personal Data.
If you want to stop using the Website, Booking Software, Newsletters and our Services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Website, Booking Software, Newsletters and our Services.
Your consent is required for us to send you marketing communication. If you choose to remove your consent at a later time, you can do so anytime by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the marketing email or emailing email@example.com
If you decide to stop using the Website, Booking Software, and our Services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Website, Booking Software and our Services.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
If You wish to make a complaint about the Website, Booking Software, our Services, or any associated matter, you may contact us by telephone, email, or letter. Wherever possible, complaints will be dealt with promptly, and you will receive a response under 30 working days.